K-CAP 2007: Call for Workshop Proposals
*The submission deadline for workshop proposals has been recently postponed to April 20, 2007.*
The K-CAP 2007 Program Committee invites proposals for the Workshop
Program for K-CAP 2007. Workshops will be held on Sunday, October 28th,
the day before the regular conference technical sessions begin, at the
conference hotel in Whistler, BC, Canada.
K-CAP workshops provide an informal setting where workshop
participants have the opportunity to discuss specific technical
topics in an atmosphere that fosters the active exchange of ideas. Our
aim for the workshop program is to promote and collect
multidisciplinary research directions that contribute to knowledge capture from a variety of
sources. Members from all research areas related to knowledge capture
are invited to submit workshop proposals.
We particularly welcome workshops at discipline boundaries.
To encourage interaction and a broad exchange of ideas, each workshop
will be limited to 30 participants and ample time will be allotted for
Important Dates for Workshops
- April 20, 2007: Proposal submission deadline
- April 25, 2007: Acceptance notification
- May 2, 2007: Publications of Workshops Call for Participation
- (Individual workshops may set submission deadlines as they see fit)
- Sept 10, 2007: Publication of K-CAP 2007 workshop program
- October 1, 2007: Deadline for camera-ready workshop notes and other information
- October 28, 2007: K-CAP 2007 workshops
Requirements for Submission
Proposals for workshops should be between two and five pages in length, and
should contain the following information:
- Contact information of the proposed workshop chair (name,
department, university, telephone, fax and e-mail).
- A brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the workshop
goals and the technical issues that will be its focus.
- A description of the workshop format, emphasizing how the format will
- A brief discussion of why and to whom the workshop is of interest.
- A description of the qualifications of the individual committee members
with respect to organizing the workshop, including a list of workshops
previously arranged by any members of the proposed organizing committee, if
- A list of potential participants, ideally with an indication of
which participants have expressed an interest in attending the
- A preliminary call for workshop papers.
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail, to
email@example.com, preferably in PDF (MS Word will also be accepted) by April 20, 2007.
Prospective organizers will be notified of
the committee's decision no later than April 25, 2007. Each workshop
organizing committee will be responsible for producing a Call for
Participation for their workshop by May 2, 2007. By October 1, workshop organizing committees must provide any working notes to
be duplicated for the workshops (up to a maximum of 150 pages), and a
list of audio-visual requirements and any special room requirements.
K-CAP will be responsible for the following:
- Providing publicity for the workshop series as a whole.
- Providing logistics support and a meeting place for the workshop.
- Duplicating working notes as described above and distributing them
to the participants.
Please send your proposals and any inquiries to:
John Gennari, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference home page: http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/kcap07/
Other versions of this call for workshops are also available: plain text, Microsoft Word, and pdf.