Call for Tutorial Proposals
The K-CAP 2009 Program Committee invites proposals for Tutorials at K-CAP 2009. Workshops and Tutorials will be held on Tuesday, September 1st, the day before the regular conference technical sessions begin, at the conference hotel in Redondo Beach, CA, USA.
K-CAP tutorials are half-day and should aim to address a specific topic within the scope of conference or a topic which is of interest for the conference participants. It should provide either a introduction into the topic or a comprehensive overview of the topic addressed. The audience will mostly be the conference participants. The topic should be of sufficient relevance with respect to the state of the art. The course can be educational in nature or give a survey of state of the art techniques.
|Proposal submission deadline:||April 1, 2009|
|Notification of tutorial acceptance:||April 25, 2009|
|Deadline for camera-ready tutorial materials:||July 3, 2009|
|K-CAP 2009 tutorials:||September 1, 2009|
Submitting a ProposalProposals for tutorials should be between two and five pages in length, and must include the following information:
- Contact information of the proposed tutorial lecturer(s) (all names, department, university, telephone, fax and e-mail, short bio-sketch)
- Tutorial title
- Aims and learning objectives including the scope (general topic area)
- Relevance to K-CAP attendees
- Length of course and estimated attendance
- Tutorial abstract (1-2 paragraphs suitable for inclusion in conference registration materials)
- Full description (1-2 pages to be used for evaluation)
- Relevant publications of the proposer(s) with respect to the topic and tutorial history (if any)
- Will tutorial materials be provided to attendees? If so, are there any copyright issues?
Please send your proposals and any inquiries to:
Andreas Hotho, hothocs.uni-kassel.de