K-CAP 2005: Call for Workshop Proposals
The K-CAP 2005 Program Committee invites proposals for the Workshop Program for K-CAP 2005, to be held October 2-5 in Banff, Canada. Workshops will be held on Sunday, October 2, immediately before the main conference starts.
K-CAP workshops will provide an informal setting where workshop participants will have the opportunity to discuss specific technical topics in an atmosphere that fosters the active exchange of ideas. Our aim for the workshop program is to promote and collect multidisciplinary research directions and potentially interesting technologies for efficiently capturing knowledge from a variety of sources. Members from all research areas related to knowledge capture are invited to submit workshop proposals.
We particularly welcome workshops at discipline boundaries.
To encourage interaction and a broad exchange of ideas, each workshop will be limited to 30 participants and ample time will be allotted for general discussion.
Important Dates for Workshops
- April 7, 2005: Proposal submission deadline
- April 28, 2005: Acceptance notification
- May 12, 2005: Publications of Call for Participation
- August 22, 2005: Publication of K-CAP 2003 workshop program
- September 12, 2005: Deadline for camera-ready workshop notes and other information
- October 2, 2005: K-CAP 2003 workshops
Requirements for Submission
Proposals for workshops should be between two and four pages in length, and should contain the following information:
- Contact information of the proposed workshop chair (name,
department, university, telephone, fax and e-mail).
- A brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the workshop
goals and the technical issues that will be its focus.
- A description of the workshop format, emphasizing how the format will
- A brief discussion of why and to whom the workshop is of interest.
- A description of the qualifications of the individual committee members
with respect to organizing the workshop, including a list of workshops
previously arranged by any members of the proposed organizing committee, if
- A list of potential participants, ideally with an indication of
which participants have expressed an interest in attending the
- A preliminary call for workshop papers.
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail, to email@example.com, preferably in plain text (but PDF will also be accepted), by April 7, 2005. Prospective organizers will be notified of the committee's decision no later than April 28, 2005. Each workshop organizing committee will be responsible for producing a Call for Participation for their workshop by May 12, 2005. By September 12, 2005, workshop organizing committees must provide any working notes to be duplicated for the workshops (up to a maximum of 150 pages), and a list of audio-visual requirements and any special room requirements.
K-CAP will be responsible for the following:
Please send your proposals and any inquiries to:
- Providing publicity for the workshop series as a whole.
- Providing logistics support and a meeting place for the workshop.
- Duplicating working notes as described above and distributing them
to the participants.
Marie desJardins, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-455-3967
Conference home page: http://www.kcap05.org